Monday, March 28, 2011

Ultra-hip finds...

I wish we'd gotten our dirty CINEPLOSION hands on these tracks before they got ofiical videos...

Sugar and Gold "Bodyaches" - These dudes did a CINEPLOSION at "The Exchange" in Hot Springs National Park, AR, a while back, but to my knowledge the video either didn't record properly or became lost to some sort of un-labeled tape void. FUTURE ESTATE SALERS BEWARE!



Birds and Batteries "Lightning (UTNG Version)" - This is a super track from a somewhat lesser-known but relentlessly touring outfit. Picked it up at a show once, and it really socked it for me. This clip is essentually a music video for Len Lye's 1935 Colour Box. Lye is one of the great pioneers of early hand-made cinema, and I love his stuff. But for me... the film and the song are too good for each other. I'd suggest watching the movie silent, and then listening to the song in darkness.



For another way-cool Len Lye film, search out "Neighbors" 1952

Black Cherry "Radio" - This swanky UK outfit breezed into Hot Springs National Park during the 2011 Valley of the Vapors Independent Music Festival, playing a sleeper, early-evening gig at the Star Gallery downtown. I picked up their rare "The Preface" EP. Mega cool--



Actually, Black Cherry's "Fake Blood" is by far my favorite on the album, and tore it up live. This song doesn't seem to have a video yet... hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment